Are you planning to build a collection but are having trouble finding a focus? Perhaps you’re wanting to expand an existing collection yet are struggling to source the right works, while de-accessing others?
Acquisition: Our art search and acquisition services prove incredibly helpful for busy collectors. Whether you need help navigating your way through art fairs, galleries, or auction houses, Access Art Advisory can help you source the best works for the best price. We can also assist with representation at auction and acquiring condition reports on respective lots.
De-Acquisition: Selling art can be a confusing and time consuming process. Access Art Advisory can help you with your de-acquisition needs, whether you want to sell some pieces to trade up or simply to refresh your collection. Having successfully sold over a hundred works on the secondary market, we are well suited to determine fair market value and the best channel for deaccession.
Framing a work of art is a vital part of both its display and preservation.
Too often corners are cut during the framing process, with the use of non-conservation grade materials or prefabricated frames.
In order to avoid eclipsing the very beauty in which they have recently invested, we help our clients to choose the most aesthetically enhancing frame, given the particulars of the work.
Installation of Frederick Spratt’s 1963 Stoic Figure
Antique Prints and Photography in Cottage Foyer
San Jose Museum of Art installation of Sweet Lou, 1974
Installation of Princes Ann II, 1977 by Frederick Spratt
Access Art Advisory makes it a priority to understand the unique needs of each of our clients.
Fluent in collection management, we are prepared to advise you with every aspect to owning and maintaining a fine art collection:
- Cataloging: we can digitize your collection, set up systems to properly track important documents and reference material, and create an online system, allowing you to access specifics about your collection, anytime, anywhere.
- Insurance: well versed in art insurance, Access Art Advisory can help you find the right policy for your collection.
- Appraisal: we work closely with USPAP-qualified appraisers to supply you with the most accurate evaluations.
- Shipping Services: we organize transit, packing, crating, and storage.
- Storage: It may seem like art can be stored anywhere but it is important that facilities are climate and humidity controlled. Considering the work in your collection, we can determine safe and appropriate storage facilities for overflow.
In addition to our Collection Management Services, Access Art Advisory provides the following Estate Management Services:
- De-acqusition: Depending on the specific requirments of your estate, Access Art Advisory will advise and persue the appropriate and most effective de-acqusition chanels.
- Droite de Suite: Our experience with California’s Resale Royalty Act and Droite de Suite in Europe protects our clients from violating any laws domestically and abroad.
Access Art Advisory is proud to manage the following estates:
The Estate of Frederick Spratt
If a particular work has shown the natural signs of aging, either subtle or extreme, Access Art Advisory can advise on the right restorer, given the damage and medium.
Common conservation needs include:
- Foxing removal (the formation of small brown spots that results from fungus, humidity, or as part of the paper’s natural and inevitable process towards bio-deterioration)
- Reducing sunlight damage
- Repairs in tears, abrasions, or chipping